Language Awareness is the official journal of the Association for Language Awareness.
There are four issues per year.
Since March 2008 it is published by Routledge at the Taylor & Francis Group.
SPECIAL CONFERENCE ISSUE OF THE JOURNAL ‘LANGUAGE AWARENESS’
The Association for Language Awareness has a very close relationship with the journal ‘Language Awareness’. After previous ALA conferences a special issue has been published containing the best papers presented at the international conference of the association. It is planned that an issue of the journal will similarly be devoted to papers focusing on the theme of the Kassel conference: “Awareness Matters: Language Culture Literacy”. The expected date of publication is mid to late 2011.
Presenters are invited to consider sending their finished papers to the email address below by November 30, 2010. No correspondence prior to submission will be entered into.
1) maintain the high quality, in terms of research and scholarship, of the Journal;
2) be relevant to the field of language awareness and cultural awareness. Prospective submitters are advised to familiarise themselves with the topics and issues of past issues of the Journal and with the following state-of-the-art article:
Svalberg, Agneta M-L. 2007. Language awareness and language learning. Language Teaching 40, 287-308.
3) correspond substantially to the paper presented at the Conference;
4) conform to the requirements and conventions of the journal. Prospective submitters should consult the guidelines contained in each issue; in particular the articles should be of the suggested length and not have been submitted elsewhere;
5) be written in appropriate academic language; no proofreading will be undertaken.
Articles which do not conform to the above criteria will not be considered.
The journal is included in the Social Sciences Citation Index.
Prof. Dr. Claudia Finkbeiner, University of Kassel, Germany
Dr Agneta Svalberg, University of Leicester, England
Special Conference Issue Editors:
Please send your submission, in Microsoft Word format to Claudia Finkbeiner at ala2010(at)uni-kassel.de and to Dr Agneta Svalberg at amls2(at)le.ac.uk.